[cairo] cairo on windows (with perl)

Scott Gardner ssgardner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 16:13:14 PDT 2010

Thanks for the suggestions.  I wasn't thinking pkg-config was my problem.
The first time I tried to install Cairo I got this message when
ExtUtils-PkgConfig was being installed.

   'pkg-config' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
   operable program or batch file.
   ***
   *** ExtUtils::PkgConfig requires the pkg-config utility, but it doesn't
   *** seem to be in your PATH.  Is it correctly installed?

I run cygwin on my computer so I downloaded the cygwin version of pkg-config
and that error went away.  Now the problem seems to be that cairo.pc is
nowhere on my disk.

   Package cairo was not found in the pkg-config search path.
   Perhaps you should add the directory containing `cairo.pc'

I already download the binaries and source for cairo from
http://www.gtk.org/download-windows.html, but I wasn't able to find a file
called cairo.pc.

The camelbox distribution seems like it would solve my problem so I might
try that.  For now, I started using GD::Graph instead of Chart::Clicker
(requires Cairo) to create some charts.  This all started because I wanted
to install Chart::Clicker to generate some charts.  Cairo won't install so
Chart::Clicker is not an option.