[cairo] Question about cairo without a native backend

cu cairouser at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 28 09:34:43 PDT 2010

We use Cairo on OS X (and other systems) with image backend as the only
option. It works just fine.

If the pattern of use is to draw into image backend and then paint that
elsewhere, it may be the same issue we've been hit with after a recent
update - the need to mark surface as "dirty" to "commit" changes?