[cairo] non-splitting mailing list archive (was Re: ...)

Carl Worth cworth at cworth.org
Mon Mar 8 17:14:12 PST 2010

On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 11:58:13 +1100, Andrew Cowie <andrew at operationaldynamics.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 09:45 -0800, Carl Worth wrote:
> > (since pipermail obnoxiously splits all threads at arbitrary time
> > boundaries):
>
> Can anyone suggest a mailing list archive program that generates pages
> that aren't split over {month, quarter, year} boundaries so that threads
> aren't cut?

I've recently written notmuch, which can load in an arbitrarily large
collection of email messages and then very quickly generate a list of
threads (and the messages belonging to each thread).

I've also recently accepted a patch that adds support for notmuch to
emit those threads and messages with JSON syntax indicating the
structure.

So I'm led to believe that that means were extremely close to having
something that can take in a huge collection of email and emit HTML for
each thread. I'd love to see that finished, and when it is, I'll gladly
run in on the cairographics.org mailing-list archive.

If anyone wants to help out with that, we're at:

	http://notmuchmail.org
        #notmuch on irc.freenode.net