[cairo] Cairo and DirectFB: black marks on Chinese and English texts

Lionel Landwerlin llandwerlin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 13:32:22 PST 2010

Le vendredi 12 mars 2010 à 17:35 +0800, William To a écrit :

> I am new to the world of Cairo and is using the package along with GTK
> + to render text and graphics. However we have a problem which I have
> no idea on how to resolve.
>
> Our system runs GTK+ (and Cairo) over DirectFB 1.4.2. We find that if
> we set #define DFB_SHOW_GLYPHS 1 then all the Chinese text are
> rendered corrupted. The Chinese text can be rendered normally if the
> value is set to 0. The side effect of this is mixe Chinese and English
> text shows black or coloured marks covering the text if the text is
> only partially shown on a line. I don't know whether this is something
> wrong with the configuration, or there is something I cannot fix
> myself.

Hello William,

I haven't seen any problem so far. I tested with DirectFB 1.4.2 and GTK+
2.12.12 (a bit old...) and didn't touch the DFB_SHOW_GLYPHS (so it might
be 0) on an SH4 platform having a 2D blitter using english/european .
The problem you're describing looks a bit like a cache coherency
problem. Do you have a custom gfxdriver for DirectFB ?

Regards,

--
Lionel Landwerlin