[cairo] [RFC] Color space API (partial proposal)

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Thu Mar 25 05:05:53 PDT 2010

ecir hana wrote:
> - I have yet to see CMYKA used in practice. But I guess, for the sake
> of completeness, it is good to have it there....

FYI - I've just been hit with this requirement from a customer...

- The customer has a palette of predefined CMYK colours they want to
   use (Process colours?  Spot colours?  Sorry, I'm still struggling
   with this terminology..)
- Using (only) these colours, they draw various vector data - Lines,
   text, polygons, etc.
- They need/want the resulting PDF to contain their pre-defined CMYK
   values [only], not RGB values.
- Some of the data they draw has an arbitrary 'alpha' assigned to it.
   The typical example for this would be polygons, so that the data
   under the polygon is still partially visible.
- I'm hoping that Cairo will be able to achieve this for me!  :)

Ian