[cairo] [RFC] Color space API (partial proposal)
britten at caris.com
Thu Mar 25 05:05:53 PDT 2010
ecir hana wrote:
> - I have yet to see CMYKA used in practice. But I guess, for the sake
> of completeness, it is good to have it there....
FYI - I've just been hit with this requirement from a customer...
- The customer has a palette of predefined CMYK colours they want to
use (Process colours? Spot colours? Sorry, I'm still struggling
with this terminology..)
- Using (only) these colours, they draw various vector data - Lines,
text, polygons, etc.
- They need/want the resulting PDF to contain their pre-defined CMYK
values [only], not RGB values.
- Some of the data they draw has an arbitrary 'alpha' assigned to it.
The typical example for this would be polygons, so that the data
under the polygon is still partially visible.
- I'm hoping that Cairo will be able to achieve this for me! :)
More information about the cairo