[cairo] Cairo and DirectFB: black marks on Chinese and English texts (William To)

William To meinreflection at gmail.com
Tue Mar 30 00:29:14 PDT 2010

Dear All,

I tried the font but the problem persists. Initially I did the following to
avoid the display corruption problem (all Chinese fonts are rendered
correctly initially, but after 2-3 scroll pages the displayed characters are
corrupted (broken typefaces).

I am not sure whether this problem has surfaced before, but by setting

#define DFB_SHOW_GLYPHS 1

under cairo/cairo-directfb-surface.c the problem goes away (and the
rendering speed is faster too), but the rendered Chinese fonts on screen are
all corrupted. I really wanted to post a photo showing the problem. Where
can I do that?

Thanks very much and Best Regards

William To