[cairo] Performance issue with cairo-1.10

Holger Hans Peter Freyther holger at freyther.de
Sat Nov 6 09:03:02 PDT 2010

On 10/31/2010 04:26 PM, Holger Hans Peter Freyther wrote:

> Was this change intentional? What options exist to find a fix in cairo itself?

Hi again,

migrating some of the code to RGB16_565 will take some more work and there are
likely more applications going to suffer from this regression so I was
creating a patch to restore the cairo 1.8 behavior. The idea of the patch is
to compare the xrender_format->depth with the image_surface depth in addition
to the content.

I agree that it would probably better to let pixman sort out the 24 -> 16
color conversion but it is at least restoring the behavior of cairo 1.8.

comments?
	holger

PS: The indention is obviously wrong...