[cairo] Romedalen licence

Øyvind Kolås pippin at gimp.org
Sun Oct 24 09:01:47 PDT 2010

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 3:52 PM, Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> While working out licencing issues for the images to be included for
> my thesis, I noticed that
> test/romedalen.{jpg,png} was included and its license information was
> available only checking
> the commit logs (and looking for cairo-snippets).
>
> I think that the attached commit should be ok, but I'd like the
> approval of someone more
> license-knowledgeable and, obviously, of the original author of the image.

The photograph was taken by me, and I have been using it as a generic
freely distributable test-image myself. I have given up any right to
restrict the distribution and use of this image, this is probably best
conveyed by stating that the image is in the public domain. A higher
resolution version (just 512x384) version can be downloaded from
http://pippin.gimp.org/gallery/romedalen.png

/Øyvind Kolås