[cairo] [1.10.0] Win32 redrawing issues (regression?)

Tim Teulings tim at framstag.com
Sun Sep 12 02:07:20 PDT 2010

Hello!

> Previously cairo_surface_flush was called on every cairo_destroy, but
> that behaviour was changed in 1.9.8 with this commit:
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/cairo/commit/?id=4438cc6a49e7e902dce045706f7125a2c3e2174b

As far as I know (and the documentation says), it is only necessary if I
(in this case) use Win32 APIs to draw directly into the Window. If you
look at the example code as part of my bug ticket this is not the case.

For me it looks like the clipping rectangles are wrong. I did however
some "on top of the cairo API" tests to correctly set clipping
rectangles and fix possibly wrong clipping - but I failed.

I assume the bug can be worked around by doing Win32 API bit clipping
from the underlying window/pixmap handle to the target window (which
possibly then requires calls to flush).

--
Gruß...
    Tim