[cairo] Devices...

Travis Griggs travisgriggs at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 16:12:23 PDT 2010

So, I'm going thru the new symbols from 1.8 to 1.10 and it seems like
it roughly boils down to:

1) regions
2) devices
3) miscellany including mime stuff

I think I get the jst of regions, and miscellany. I think I get what
the devices are supposed to be, but not why I would suddenly care.
What kinds of things does having these enable that you couldn't do
with Cairo before? I'm looking for what the usage patterns are. Also,
I don't see any device types for Win32 or Quartz backends, why is that?

TIA
--
Travis Griggs
Objologist