[cairo] Disabling AA for PDF -> Image copy

Ian Britten britten at caris.com
Mon Sep 27 05:18:52 PDT 2010

On 22/09/10 02:01 PM, Ian Britten wrote:

> If I disable AA on
> the *source* PDF, _before_ drawing anything, then I can get
> non-AA output.
>
> To me, setting AA on/off on a PDF surface is nonsensical, and
> shouldn't have any effect. But it apparently does.

Might anyone have any thoughts?  My misunderstanding?  Cairo bug?

As part of a workaround for this, I'm pondering just always
disabling AA on my PDF surfaces, but I'm unsure of the
ramifications of this.  It doesn't sound like it should have any
effect, but since my example seems to suggest otherwise, it makes
me wonder what else might be affected by this approach...

Thanks for any info!
Ian