[cairo] Embedding phonetic symbols in R

Sverre Stausland johnsen at fas.harvard.edu
Thu Aug 4 14:06:39 PDT 2011

This is more or less what I came to as well. In order to us the Cairo
package in R, it needs to be "compiled with support for fontconfig and
freetype". However, as indicated earlier in this thread, I haven't
been able to figure out how to do so (in Windows XP). I tried to
follow a rather vague recipe, but did not succeed.

Could someone please tell me what I need to do to install Cairo in Windows?

Thanks
Sverre