[cairo] Embedding phonetic symbols in R

Sverre Stausland johnsen at fas.harvard.edu
Mon Aug 8 13:21:18 PDT 2011

Hi James and other Cairo users,

I think your suggestions is more or less the same as prescribed on
http://www.cairographics.org/download/, under "From Daniel Keep
(edited by Kalle Vahlman):", where it says:

"Go to official GTK+ for Windows page [http://www.gtk.org/download/win32.php]

You want "cairo-1.4.8.zip", the binary distribution at "libpng 1.2.8",
and "Zlib 1.2.3" (you can search on those strings to find them in the
page). That should be it. Just pop libcairo-2.dll, libpng13.dll and
zlib1.dll into your working directory or system PATH, and away you go!

That gives you the base cairo functions, the PNG functions, and the
Win32 functions."

As indicated earlier in this thread, I followed those instructions,
and put the said .dll files in my Windows/system32/, which is what I
took
"into your [...] system PATH" to mean.

Do I understand it correctly that you're suggesting that I just need
even more .dll files?

Sverre