[cairo] PDF file with outside color

Vincent Beffara vbeffara at ens-lyon.fr
Mon Dec 5 03:01:30 PST 2011

Hello,

I want to use cairo to create PDF figures to be included in a LaTeX
document. Everything works very well as long as the text color is black,
but I would like the figure to appear in blue when inside a paragraph
typeset in blue (typically in a beamer presentation).

In short, I want the PDF figure to _not_ set the stroke color.

I know it is technically possible, as the PDF files created with IPE
have that behavior. Admittedly it could well be considered a bug in IPE,
but nevertheless that is the behavior I am looking to reproduce in cairo
(in cairomm would be even better, but I can adapt ...)

Is that doable ? How should I proceed if it isn't ?

Thanks,

	/vincent