[cairo] Is cairo-perf-trace runnable on ARM target?

Siarhei Siamashka siarhei.siamashka at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 05:46:11 PST 2011

On Thursday 24 February 2011 13:22:19 cooolheater wrote:
> I want to check performance of cairo on webkit, so I attempt
> to use cairo-trace/cairo-perf-trace.
> I could get .trace with cairo-trace on target, but I got error message
> during attempt to use cairo-perf-trace on target.
> The error message was like this :
>     /scratchbox/tools/bin/sed: line 1: syntax error: unexpected ")"
>     /scratchbox/tools/bin/sed: line 1: syntax error: unexpected ")"
>     ./cairo-perf-trace: eval: line 1: gcc: not found

Something looks really screwed up. Have you tried to do any kind of analysis to
identify the source of these errors yourself?

> So, I wonder is it possible to use cairo-perf-trace on target

Yes, assuming that your "ARM target" is a reasonably sane gnu/linux system
running on ARM processor (actually it does not matter whether the processor is
x86, ppc, mips, ...).

> and what should I do for that.

Can you use cairo-perf-trace on an x86 desktop gnu/linux system successfully?
That would be a good start.

--
Best regards,
Siarhei Siamashka