[cairo] web updates

Nis Martensen nis.martensen at web.de
Sat Jun 18 02:35:37 PDT 2011

Am 16.06.2011 00:20, schrieb Carl Worth:
> On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:34:19 +0200, Nis Martensen <nis.martensen at web.de> wrote:
>
> That said, I would still prefer to reset the spam entirely out of the
> history rather than just cluttering the history even more with
> additional commits to remove the spam.

There is also the problem of resetting/rebasing public repos that
people pull from. OK, there aren't so many people involved here so
that should be manageable.

On the other hand this is supposed to be an easily editable public wiki.
Does striving for a clean history really make sense in that context?

>> Should we try switching from passwordauth to openid? I suspect
>> someone (Carl?) would have to update the wrapper after such
>> a setup change. Other ideas?
>
> I'm open to any suggestions. The current spam attack on the wiki is
> getting quite annoying.

I don't see many alternatives to raising the bars wrt access to the
wiki. Switching from passwordauth to openid doesn't yet make it
much more difficult. It could be a first step, but might not be
sufficient. (I think we should try it.)

Only if that doesn't help we should look at further restrictions,
like only allowing the wiki admin to create wiki accounts, or even
disabling web editing completely.

If someone wants to spend more time, creating a moderation system
for web edits would be another idea.

 Nis