[cairo] How to enable cairo in Windows?

Theo Veenker T.J.G.Veenker at uu.nl
Tue Nov 1 01:57:23 PDT 2011

On 10/31/2011 10:41 PM, Sverre Stausland wrote:
> Hi cairo users,
>
> I am trying to find a way to enable cairo for Windows. I am using
> Windows XP SP3, and my incentive for enabling cairo is that it is
> required for using the Cairo package in R
> (http://www.rforge.net/Cairo/).
>
> According to http://www.cairographics.org/download/ under 'Windows',
> cairo can be enabled in the following way:
>
> "
> Go to official GTK+ for Windows page.

I just tried to create PDF output using cairo+pango and the Doulos SIL
font under windows. With the binaries from
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32[/dependencies] it
works fine. So it's probaly that the pdf backend in R's Cairo package
isn't compiled with all the options you require. I suppose you have
to talk to the developer of that package. Otherwise I have no clue.

I case you want to try if the setup you have works at all under windows
I attached the test thingy. If desired I can send you the exe.

Theo