[cairo] How to enable cairo in Windows?

Sverre Stausland johnsen at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 2 13:38:34 PDT 2011

I've been in touch with the developer of the Cairo package in R, and
after a few e-mails, we found a solution. The Cairo package as it is
now has the cairo library built in to it, and is able to stand on its
own, but the exact commands necessary to take advantage of this in
Windows were not entirely obvious and had to be arrived at through a
little trial and error.

Thank you all for your help!