[cairo] crosscompiling cairo with mingw64

Maarten Bosmans mkbosmans at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 05:53:18 PDT 2011

2011/9/21 kees de jong <omekeesje at ziggo.nl>:
> Hello everybody,
> Has somebody suceeded in crosscompiling cairo with mingw64?

Yes, it's definitely possible.

> I was successful in crosscompiling gsl (gnu scient. lib.)
> so I concluded that the crosscompiler is working, what I
> found confirmed by my compiling some programs with that
> library. I work on debian linux.
> After downloading cairo and dependencies and compling/installing
> zlib, png and pixman, I did a configure in cairo without errors.
> In trying to compile cairo which I did several times, I always got
> errors about include files being not there. I always checked my
> include directory and tried to make repairs, but always received
> different errors about include files, the last error was
> about X11/xlib.h not found. But a file with that name does not
> exist in any of the downloaded packages.

Erm, you're trying to build a program that will run on Windows, right?
There's no X11 on windows, so you should not need those headers.
Something is wrong here. How do you invoke the configure script? It
seems to be missing the references to the right toolchain.

> If there is somebody out there who has succeeded in building
> cairo with the mingw64 crosscompiler, please let me know and
> give me information how you have done it.

You can take a look to how it's done on the OpenSUSE Build Service:
https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=mingw64-cairo.spec&package=mingw64-cairo&project=windows%3Amingw%3Awin64&srcmd5=0aca4e2085a8e3f16514d01baa998421

Maarten Bosmans