[cairo] enable-directfb failing

Carlo defrag1986 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:48:27 PDT 2012

Il 12/06/2012 20:34, Uli Schlachter ha scritto:
> On 12.06.2012 20:09, rubxcubedude at juno.com wrote:
>> I am using the ./configure file from cairo and calling it as follows:
>>
>> LDFLAGS=-L/opt/ram/lib CPPFLAGS=-I/opt/ram/include/ ./configure --prefix=/opt/ram --without-x --disable-xlib --disable-xlib-xrender --enable-directfb --enable-freetype --disable-win32 --enable-pdf --enable-ps --enable-svg --enable-png
>>
>> I've already installed Directfb but yet I get the following message
> What exactly did you install? Which distro are you using and what are the names
> of the packages that you installed?
>
>> "checking for cairo's directfb surface backend feature...
>> checking for directfb... no
>> no
>> checking whether cairo's directfb surface backend feature could be enabled... no (requires directfb http://www.directfb.org)
>> configure: error:  directfb surface backend feature could not be enabled"
>>
>> is there a way i need to point cairo to the installed Directfb?
> Could you show us the config.log file that ./configure produced?
>
> Also, I'm curious. What do you need the directfb backend for?
>
> Uli
I would add my experience, I'm currently using the directfb backend on a
embedded board ( similar to a beagle board) . I 've compiled cairo v.
1.8.10 with DirectFB v. 1.4.11,  same options, but without the pdf, ps
and svg support.  I use it for create a GUI, instead of using the full
GTK+ suite. On my configuration, a custom filesystem build from angstrom
distro (I work on a ARM cpu), it works quite well. I don't know how to
do this otherwise, so I use directfb backend :)

Carlo