[cairo] Bug in release 1.12

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Thu Mar 29 06:51:33 PDT 2012

On Wed, 28 Mar 2012 17:14:16 -0400, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In cairoint.h CAIRO_HAS_DEFLATE_STREAM is not defined when PDF surface
> is on (but script/ps/xml are not), even though PDF surface requires it.
> This results in missing symbols for deflate stream at link time.
>
> Please modify it as follows around line 76:
>
> #if CAIRO_HAS_PS_SURFACE || CAIRO_HAS_SCRIPT_SURFACE ||
> CAIRO_HAS_XML_SURFACE || CAIRO_HAS_PDF_SURFACE
> #define CAIRO_HAS_DEFLATE_STREAM 1
> #endif

Thankyou, I've pushed the fix.

> Also, while it is nice to see a complete test suite, it would be great
> if you offered a mini-download that did not include it. 60Mb for a
> library that used to be about 10% of that is a serious bloat and I have
> a feeling quite a few users don't necessarily need the tests.

The best suggestion we've had so far is to distribute an xz compressed
tarball which halves the size.

Longer term, in the past we have mentioned that the test suites
(performance and conformance) should be standalone which will enable
distributing them independently. Just one of many wishlist items for the
test suite.
-Chris