[cairo] Bug in release 1.12

Andrea Canciani ranma42 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 06:57:01 PDT 2012

On Wed, Mar 28, 2012 at 11:14 PM, cu <cairouser at yahoo.com> wrote:
> In cairoint.h CAIRO_HAS_DEFLATE_STREAM is not defined when PDF surface
> is on (but script/ps/xml are not), even though PDF surface requires it.
> This results in missing symbols for deflate stream at link time.
>
> Please modify it as follows around line 76:
>
> #if CAIRO_HAS_PS_SURFACE || CAIRO_HAS_SCRIPT_SURFACE ||
> CAIRO_HAS_XML_SURFACE || CAIRO_HAS_PDF_SURFACE
> #define CAIRO_HAS_DEFLATE_STREAM 1
> #endif
>
> Also, while it is nice to see a complete test suite, it would be great
> if you offered a mini-download that did not include it. 60Mb for a
> library that used to be about 10% of that is a serious bloat and I have
> a feeling quite a few users don't necessarily need the tests.

How about having independent repos for:
 - cairo (implementation exposing only official public functions)
 - cairo debug/boilerplate (special public functions for
instrumentation of public cairo; might become official and/or die as
time goes on)
 - cairo utilities
 - cairo performance suite
 - cairo test suite

cairo perf and test would probably depend on special and utilities.
Part of the split is already done (cairo-traces) and there has been
work towards making it complete (observer and script in 1.12).
I think it would both make cairo distributions smaller and promptly
point out hacks and/or unclean parts.

Any objections to aiming towards this for 1.14?

Andrea