[cairo] A potential issue in cairo-recording-surface.c

Chris Wilson chris at chris-wilson.co.uk
Sat Nov 10 00:43:16 PST 2012

On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 20:44:50 +0100, Zozó Teki <teknos at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have noticed that some of my objects were  lost when drawing them on
> a recording surface and playing them back. After doing some debugging
> I found that they are not properly added to the bbtree during
> playback. (Later elements with the same extents as a prior one tend to
> disappear from the chain of headers having similar extents.)
> I have prepared the below patch (against 1.12.8), which fixes the
> issue for me. (It properly prepends “header” with its full chain to
> “bbt->chain”.)

Thank you, the patch looks correct. Mea culpa.
> I am not a regular cairo contributor, this is the first time I am
> submitting a patch, so I am not sure this is the proper way or whom to
> contact to discuss this issue.

It was fine and you raised the issue ideally. For anything larger, you
may want to invest some time into setting up git for use locally - it
makes patch management much easier.

commit 62b795fe52c73ad58101c101aa77449f4b61a576
Author: Zozó Teki <teknos at gmail.com>
Date:   Sat Nov 10 08:35:33 2012 +0000

    recording: Append new elements to the end of the bbtree chain

Many thanks, pushed. Have fun using Cairo!

Chris Wilson, Intel Open Source Technology Centre

More information about the cairo mailing list