[cairo] rcairo and xcb

cedlemo cedlemo at gmx.com
Sun Jan 27 06:55:05 PST 2013

On 27/01/2013 14:31, Kouhei Sutou wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In <5103AC67.6010406 at gmx.com>
>    "[cairo] rcairo and xcb" on Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:13:59 +0100,
>    cedlemo <cedlemo at gmx.com> wrote:
>
>>                                                     I would like to
>> know if the functions in cairo-xcb.h (like cairo_xcb_surface_create)
>> have been implemented in rcairo.
> No. It is not implemented because we didn't have XCB
> binding. :-)
>
>>                                   I have read the source and found some
>> references to XCBSurface classes but I don't find any related methods
>> to use.
> The class is just a skeleton. There is no related method.
>
>>          This will help me to understand how I could pass data (
>> xcb_connection_t, xcb_drawable, xcb_visual_type) from my xcb module to
>> the rcairo module in order to draw on windows generated by my xcb
>> module.
> We need to modify rcairo to use your XCB module like
> QuartzSurface. It uses RubyCocoa to convert between
> CGContextRef and VALUE.
>

> Thanks,
> --
> kou
Hi,

I just want to let you know some facts before I ask you "The question" :
- my xcb ruby module is not official (for fun I said in my first message)
- I can say that my module, for now cover ~95% of the xcb-core and some
extensions.
- my module is based on swig 2.0.
- I am not a professional developer.

The question:

do you plan to modify rcairo in order to provide some methods to create
CairoSurface class?

If no, if I am able to create the xcb related methods that can be used
with my xcb module, will you push them in rcairo or should I have to
fork you rcairo and work on my side.

Cedlemo