[cairo] rcairo and xcb

Kouhei Sutou kou at cozmixng.org
Sun Jan 27 05:31:01 PST 2013

Hi,

In <5103AC67.6010406 at gmx.com>
  "[cairo] rcairo and xcb" on Sat, 26 Jan 2013 11:13:59 +0100,
  cedlemo <cedlemo at gmx.com> wrote:

>                                                    I would like to
> know if the functions in cairo-xcb.h (like cairo_xcb_surface_create)
> have been implemented in rcairo.

No. It is not implemented because we didn't have XCB
binding. :-)

>                                  I have read the source and found some
> references to XCBSurface classes but I don't find any related methods
> to use.

The class is just a skeleton. There is no related method.

>         This will help me to understand how I could pass data (
> xcb_connection_t, xcb_drawable, xcb_visual_type) from my xcb module to
> the rcairo module in order to draw on windows generated by my xcb
> module.

We need to modify rcairo to use your XCB module like
QuartzSurface. It uses RubyCocoa to convert between
CGContextRef and VALUE.

Thanks,
--
kou