[cairo] alpha gradients on pdf surface

Maarten Mostert maarten.mostert at wanadoo.fr
Thu Sep 19 15:02:05 PDT 2013

Hi Uli

Le 19 sept. 2013 à 23:21, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> On 19.09.2013 22:51, Maarten Mostert wrote:
>> Hi,
>> I experience a bug in linear gradients on the Cairo PDF surface.
>> If I define any other alpha value then 1 the gradient isn't drawn anymore (leaves a blank), on other surfaces is draws fine.
>
> Could this be a bug in the PDF viewer? Any simple way to see this issue myself?

Here you go for two test pdf files. I use the gradients in drawing the arrow heads. I use OSX10.8.4 Preview
In the first file it leaves the blank. In the second file I set the alpha level to 1.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5848367/stakepoint%2019%20septembre%202013_31.pdf.zip

>> My binaries have a version string of 1.20
>
> Which binaries? There is no cairo 1.20.

Well these are the binaries compiled by the late Travis Griggs and included in Cincom Visualworks, in fact the method libraryVersion gives 1.10.2
I only use: libcairo.2.dylib, libpixman-1.0.dylib and libpng15.0.dylib.