[cairo] Cairo build failure with gcc 4.9

Jay Aurabind jay.aurabind at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 04:46:54 PDT 2014

Hello all,

I wanted to test out wayland with no Xorg as per instructions given in arch wiki[1].

I used "CFLAGS=-DMESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr/local/  --disable-xcb  --enable-glesv2" to build, but this failed with many errors. This was already filed as bug in arch linux[2], but it is closed, reason "upstream".

I just wanted to know if someone has found any workarounds yet. Trying with  "CFLAGS=-DMESA_EGL_NO_X11_HEADERS -fno-lto" gave other error messages[3].

For some reason I cant get the gcc 4.8 work sanely on my system. It always fails saying "compiler cannot create executables".

Has anyone found any workarounds for this problem?

[1] https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/wayland#Pure_Wayland
[2] https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/40313
[3] http://pastebin.com/A72NWJ2D