[cairo] How do I use an XRender Picture as a Cairo surface?

adlo adloconwy at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:18:44 PDT 2015

xfwm4's window previews seem to be scaled fast enough, and at a quality intermediate to that of CAIRO_FILTER_FAST and CAIRO_FILTER_GOOD. I suppose it uses XRender, but what could it be doing?

Also, if I choose CAIRO_FILTER_GOOD, my previews do not update in response to X11 Damage events. If I use CAIRO_FILTER_FAST, it works properly. Why is this, and how could I resolve this?

Regards

adlo