[cairo] Dodgy Python Example

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Tue Dec 22 17:28:34 PST 2015

On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 13:22:48 -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> I'd suggest just dropping the example if it's too far gone, but it's
> hardly the only bitrotted example on the website.

It’s not actually bitrotted, it just never handled memory leaks
properly. I have posted a separate patch to make it more watertight.
Which means it becomes more complicated.

> I'd suggest focusing energies on producing better updated docs and
> examples for your python cairo framework and leave the pycairo stuff
> to bitrot in peace.  You're doing a good job establishing a
> replacement, so just keep going with that and then perhaps replacing
> all the pycairo stuff is going to end up being the de facto best way
> forward on this.

Thank you for those kind words. :)

Shall I add another snippet to that same page, showing how much easier
it is to do it with Qahirah, and even show the option to match a simple
font spec using Fontconfig instead of having to specify a full font
pathname?