[cairo] Release planning for 0.14.2
draymond at foxvalley.net
Thu Mar 5 21:55:59 PST 2015
Yeah, those are the ones. It will be great to have them in a release so
I won't have to patch them manually anymore.
On 3/5/2015 10:11 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 06:46:25PM -0700, Dan Raymond wrote:
>> Are the following two fixes going to make it into the release?
>> 1) ./configure failure when building under MinGW on Windows
> Is that this one?
> commit f9b65ae1fc91bc558a01c2ad7be5a121c6f10818
> Author: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com>
> Date: Tue Oct 21 22:35:12 2014 +1030
> build: fix regression on mingw
> 7cfebce1 removed the filename extension for executables.
> Patch from
> Bug 85120
> If that's not it, please provide a link to the original proposal, or a
> bug number.
>> 2) runtime warnings about CGFontGetGlyphPath deprecation under OS X 10.10
>> [configure.ac, src/cairo-quartz-font.c]
> Is that this one?
> commit 70cc8f250b5669e757b4f044571ba0f71e3dea9e
> Author: Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com>
> Date: Tue Dec 9 16:13:00 2014 +0100
> quartz: Remove call to obsolete CGFontGetGlyphPath
> CGFontGetGlyphPath was not public and is not available anymore on
> modern OSX/iOS systems. The same functionality is available through
> the CoreText API since OSX 10.5.
> Based on a patch by Simon Cozens.
> Fixes https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=84324
> If not, again, more context please.
>> I posted patches to the list about a month ago and I think someone
>> said (1) was already in the mainline but I don't recall the outcome
>> of (2).
> If it's hit trunk, it'll be going out in the release. Only thing that I
> might hold back is if a patch introduced an ABI break; it looks like
> nothing in mainline breaks ABI, but I'll be doublechecking that probably
>> On 3/4/2015 3:59 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
>>> I'm starting today on prepping a new release. It's been a few months
>>> since our last release, and we've accumulated a fair bit of changes in
>>> trunk. On a cursory look, these are all fixes, refactors, and
>>> optimizations -- nothing that changes API -- so this release will be
>>> numbered 0.14.2.
>>> If you know of patches that should be considered, please flag them for
>>> me by Friday at the latest. I'm aiming to announce the release the
>>> morning of Monday, March 9th.
>> cairo mailing list
>> cairo at cairographics.org
More information about the cairo