[cairo] Release planning for 0.14.2

Bryce Harrington bryce at osg.samsung.com
Thu Mar 5 21:11:10 PST 2015

On Thu, Mar 05, 2015 at 06:46:25PM -0700, Dan Raymond wrote:
> Are the following two fixes going to make it into the release?
> 1) ./configure failure when building under MinGW on Windows
>    [configure.ac]

Is that this one?

commit f9b65ae1fc91bc558a01c2ad7be5a121c6f10818
Author: Adrian Johnson <ajohnson at redneon.com>
Date:   Tue Oct 21 22:35:12 2014 +1030

    build: fix regression on mingw

    7cfebce1 removed the filename extension for executables.

    Patch from

    Bug 85120

If that's not it, please provide a link to the original proposal, or a
bug number.
> 2) runtime warnings about CGFontGetGlyphPath deprecation under OS X 10.10
>    [configure.ac, src/cairo-quartz-font.c]

Is that this one?

commit 70cc8f250b5669e757b4f044571ba0f71e3dea9e
Author: Andrea Canciani <ranma42 at gmail.com>
Date:   Tue Dec 9 16:13:00 2014 +0100

    quartz: Remove call to obsolete CGFontGetGlyphPath

    CGFontGetGlyphPath was not public and is not available anymore on
    modern OSX/iOS systems. The same functionality is available through
    the CoreText API since OSX 10.5.

    Based on a patch by Simon Cozens.

    Fixes https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=84324

If not, again, more context please.
> I posted patches to the list about a month ago and I think someone
> said (1) was already in the mainline but I don't recall the outcome
> of (2).

If it's hit trunk, it'll be going out in the release.  Only thing that I
might hold back is if a patch introduced an ABI break; it looks like
nothing in mainline breaks ABI, but I'll be doublechecking that probably


> On 3/4/2015 3:59 PM, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> >I'm starting today on prepping a new release.  It's been a few months
> >since our last release, and we've accumulated a fair bit of changes in
> >trunk.  On a cursory look, these are all fixes, refactors, and
> >optimizations -- nothing that changes API -- so this release will be
> >numbered 0.14.2.
> >
> >If you know of patches that should be considered, please flag them for
> >me by Friday at the latest.  I'm aiming to announce the release the
> >morning of Monday, March 9th.
> >
> >Bryce
> >
> -- 
> cairo mailing list
> cairo at cairographics.org
> http://lists.cairographics.org/mailman/listinfo/cairo

More information about the cairo mailing list