[cairo] Cairo In Ubuntu 14.04?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Wed Sep 30 19:04:48 PDT 2015

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 18:23:14 -0700, Bryce Harrington wrote:

> Most significant change in this period is probably the downscaling
> stuff, but dunno if that relates at all to the problem you're seeing.

Yes, I saw that, and it definitely rang a bell with me. I was doing
rendering of the images at HD size, then creating an ImageSurface at
the destination size, create a source patten referencing the original
image, set filtering to CAIRO_FILTER_BEST and the right transformation
matrix, then painting the pattern into the destination.

This worked fine on my machine, but gave noticeably poorer results on
their setup.

We have now finessed that issue by saving the image at the original
size, and letting FFmpeg do the downscaling for us.

Thanks for the response.