[cairo] gallium surface still maintained ?

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Fri Aug 5 09:00:23 UTC 2016

On 05.08.2016 10:35, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult wrote:

<snip>

Oh, could you check whether your driver sets DRM_CAP_DUMB_PREFER_SHADOW.

https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dri-devel/2016-August/114970.html

On my box (w/ an i915) the driver sets this flag, so I'll have to assume
that writing individual bytes going to be slow, and a shadow buffer
should be used, which then is copied over in bursts.

Now the interesting question: how to archieve that ?
Is there some easy way to trace which pixels/regions in a image surface
have been touched ?

--mtx