[cairo] cairo tests fail 341 and 7 crashed

darxus at chaosreigns.com darxus at chaosreigns.com
Sun Aug 14 20:21:23 UTC 2016

On 08/11, Jeb Baxley wrote:
> I am able to build Cairo, but it fails a number of tests.  What am I doing
> wrong?

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Cairo-Tests-Failing

It's pretty frustrating.  People got the tests to pass for the xcb target
recently, then I started getting a couple crashes:

https://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2016-August/027693.html

Might help if you provide more details on what problems you're having.  I
was hoping to update the docs on how to get as much stuff to pass as
possible, before these crashes.

There's a good chance it's not something you're doing wrong, and if you
could help figure out what the problems are, that would be great.

This will at least reduce failures to stuff that generates different output
every time, or crashes.  There are additional cases where the output
doesn't match the references provided with the source, some of which might
be good to update.  Any idea which of the cairo targets is most relevant to
what you're doing?

Xvfb -screen 0 1680x1024x24 -ac -nolisten tcp :2 &

git clean -xfd
./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/install --enable-xcb
make
DISPLAY=:2 CAIRO_TEST_TARGET=xcb make test # this fails
cp -a test/output/ $HOME/source/cairo-ref.xcb.xvfb.1

git clean -xfd
./autogen.sh --prefix=$HOME/install --enable-xcb
make
DISPLAY=:2 CAIRO_REF_DIR=$HOME/source/cairo-ref.xcb.xvfb.1 CAIRO_TEST_TARGET=xcb make test