[cairo] clipmask of multiple rects in different angles

Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult enrico.weigelt at gr13.net
Thu Jul 21 10:59:53 UTC 2016

On 21.07.2016 04:56, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:

>> a) I dont need all that complexity hell of ogl, and therefore dont
>>    want it.
>
> You’ll never get the speed without it.

On the targets I have in mind, I'll never get it at all with it.
There're still lots of SoCs w/o usable GPU drivers.

>> b) I wanna support devices where no (usable) ogl drivers are
>> available. note: proprietary drivers are not usable per definition.
>
> There’s always Mesa. Various groups are working on interesting
> techniques for speeding up CPU rendering
> <http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Google-Opens-SwiftShader>,
> <http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=SWR-Software-Rast-Mesa-GL3> ...

In my usecases, mesa softraster will be more resource hungry than cairo,
as it needs to support 3D, not just 2D. That's why I picked cairo in the
first place.

On targets w/ proper gallium support, cairo can act as an API frontend
for cairo (just like OGL is just a frontend here).

Anyways, cairo API is way easier than OGL.

--mtx