[cairo] clipmask of multiple rects in different angles

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Thu Jul 21 02:56:55 UTC 2016

On Thu, 21 Jul 2016 03:15:43 +0200, Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
wrote:

> On 21.07.2016 01:31, Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
>
> > Aren’t people using OpenGL to handle their GUI drawing nowadays?
>
> Not me.
>
> a) I dont need all that complexity hell of ogl, and therefore dont
>    want it.

You’ll never get the speed without it.

> b) I wanna support devices where no (usable) ogl drivers are
> available. note: proprietary drivers are not usable per definition.

There’s always Mesa. Various groups are working on interesting
techniques for speeding up CPU rendering
<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=Google-Opens-SwiftShader>,
<http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=SWR-Software-Rast-Mesa-GL3> ...