[cairo] Migrating Cairo to GitLab

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Mon Aug 27 12:32:34 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Tue, 14 Aug 2018 at 11:07, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> We'd like to schedule and discuss a migration for Cairo.
>
> In the short term, we would like to move your Git repository. All this
> means is that you will have to activate your gitlab.freedesktop.org
> account (separate to the old SSH account), and that you will only be
> able to push to GitLab from now on; anongit and cgit will still
> function as read-only mirrors so your users do not need to change
> anything. This repository migration is automated and you won't need to
> do anything except discuss a suitable time with us. Instructions on
> how to recover your GitLab account are here:
>   https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/wikis/home
>
> Longer term, we are also hoping to move away from Bugzilla. If you
> have bugs in Bugzilla and you would like them migrated to use GitLab
> issue tracking with your new repository, we can easily do that. If you
> need some more time for Bugzilla, that's totally fine, but we would
> like to discuss it with you so we can understand what people need
> Bugzilla for and how we can best maintain it in future.

For some reason, I never saw Bryce's reply - maybe it only went to the
list? After a discussion with Uli a few days ago, I migrated the Git
repository hosting as well as the Bugzilla bugs. It is no longer
possible to file new bugs on Cairo for Bugzilla, and trying to push to
the old URL will fail with a message telling you how to recover your
GitLab account.

I've given organisation 'owner' access to both Bryce and Carl, who can
then give others access (or remove it) as they see fit.

Apologies for the inconvenience, as I hadn't seen the reply. Hope it
doesn't derail anything. If there are any issues, please either
contact me directly, or file an issue at
https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/freedesktop/freedesktop/issues/new/.

Cheers,
Daniel