[cairo] (no subject)

Mike Gran spk121 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 18 13:09:22 UTC 2018

> We see the rendering of screens being very slow and we suspect it
> could be because of floating point operations. Since we do not have
> complex graphics, it is possible to switch off floating point operations
> or even switch off "double"?  Also I am not sure if this is the reason
> for the poor rendering performance.

I wonder if the problem actually might be the speed of writing to
the framebuffer.

I used to work on stuff like that, and I found that it was speedier to
do all my drawing onto a cairo image surface instead of directly on the
framebuffer.  I would draw an entire frame on the image surface,
and then paint the completed image onto the framebuffer surface.

-Mike Gran