[cairo] (no subject)

Petr Kobalíček kobalicek.petr at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:47:08 UTC 2018

Summary of the floating-point use of 2D libs:

  - AGG - single/double precision
  - Blend2D - double precision
  - Cairo - double precision
  - Direct2D - single precision
  - Qt - single precision on ARM / double precision on X86 (qreal)
  - SKIA - single precision or fixed point - compile-time option (SkScalar)

All libraries mentioned have rasterizers that use fixed point, so floating
point is only used to transform input coordinates and to convert them to
fixed point. SKIA would probably be the best candidate for 2D graphics
considering
your hardware, however, I would say that cairo is not really your issue
here as you have just 64MB RAM and you use 2 gui toolkits to create a
message box. I would consider replacing your entire stack in this case or
using a more powerful hardware that can handle it.

- Petr