[cairo] Any plan to address the 32768px limit ?

Uli Schlachter psychon at znc.in
Sat Jul 24 08:52:49 UTC 2021

Hi again,

Am 24.07.21 um 10:24 schrieb Uli Schlachter:
> Am 23.07.21 um 23:29 schrieb ChameleonScales:
[...]
>> Otherwise could the source code be easily edited to make a custom build of Cairo with an increased limit?
>
> Well, not easily, I guess.
I just remembered that there might be a way: [0]

If I understand this mail correctly, just dropping this check works good
enough for some cases. So, if you want to make a custom build, you could
just apply the patch from [0] and see what happens.

Note that I do not have much trust in this patch. Subtle example: The
patch from that mail multiplies two ints and then casts the result to
uint64_t. Any integer overflows would already happen before the cast.

Cheers,
Uli

[0]: https://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2020-August/029019.html
--
<alanc> I think someone had a Xprint version of glxgears at one point,
    but benchmarking how many GL pages you can print per second