[cairo] Dev setup for cairo - containers ?

Stuart Axon stuaxo2 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 16 01:55:02 UTC 2022

Nice, that's pretty straightforward.
I had a really brief look at podman, and will probably come back to it, but in the meantime LD_PRELOAD seems very low friction.

S++

    On Tuesday, September 13, 2022 at 04:13:59 PM GMT+1, Uli Schlachter <psychon at znc.in> wrote:

 Hi,

Am 06.09.22 um 14:26 schrieb Stuart Axon:
> Do people here use containers when developing cairo ?
> I remember a long time ago breaking things by overwriting my system cairo - what method do people use to isolate their builds from the system cairo ?

Personally, I use LD_PRELOAD to run whatever I want with my dev-cairo.
Something like LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/cairo/meson/build/dir/src/ program.

Cheers,
Uli
--
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic
and totally illogical, with just a little bit more effort?" -- A. P. J.