[cairo] Is Cairo Library an X Window Component or not?

Tarnyko tarnyko at tarnyko.net
Sun Mar 26 12:33:24 UTC 2023

Hi Viktor,

I take the freedom to answer.

Neither X11, nor the core components of the X Server, depend on Cairo.

Actually the X11 protocol provides its own graphics drawing primitives
(which are barely used today; just sayin').

Its more of the reverse: Cairo has a X11 backend, just as optional as the
Wayland or Win32 backends.

Regards, Tarnyko