[cairo] cairo --enable-quartz-font missing cairo-quartz-font.pc

Ryan Schmidt cairo-2008b at ryandesign.com
Tue Jun 10 21:48:43 PDT 2008

On Jun 10, 2008, at 22:57, Travis Griggs wrote:

> Problems I'm seeing:
>
> + Gradients are no longer drawing completely (not all of them, just
> some of them).

I haven't heard of this problem.

> + My Pango based text editor just draws squares for all chars now

2 people reported this to me, and they both said the cairo-quartz-
font.pc fix fixed it for them.

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15209

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15052

Are you sure that didn't fix it for you? Have you upgraded to cairo
1.6.4_1 and then reinstalled all cairo dependents (such as pango)?

> + I can't build cairo with +universal

I noticed this too:

http://trac.macports.org/ticket/15451

I asked this list:

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014073.html

The issue may have been fixed for the next release:

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-May/014235.html

Or the fix may have just bypassed the real issue:

http://lists.cairographics.org/archives/cairo/2008-June/014280.html

> The first 2 are regressions from former versions.

The +universal variant worked with 1.4.x so this is a regression too.

> Was really just hoping it was a known set o' bugs and new releases
> would be out soon.

For bugs known to the MacPorts project, you can always search the
MacPorts issue tracker:

http://trac.macports.org/query?
status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&summary=%7Ecairo