[Cairo] Re: Xrender transforms...

Anders Carlsson andersca at gnome.org
Thu Aug 14 11:27:14 PDT 2003

tor 2003-08-14 klockan 20.17 skrev Sven Luther:
> On Thu, Aug 14, 2003 at 11:00:02AM -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
[snip]
> > Hmm.  Might be nice to know how those guys solved this problem; at least
> > we'd have an example to work from.
>
> Mmm, let me have a look :
>
> gnome-libs-1.4.2$ ls
> ABOUT-NLS     configure.in     gnome-libs.spec     libgnome       NEWS
> acconfig.h    COPYING          gnome-libs.spec.in  libgnomeui     po
> acinclude.m4  COPYING.LIB      gtk-xmhtml          libgnorba      README
> aclocal.m4    debian           HACKING             ltmain.sh stamp-h.in
> AUTHORS       devel-docs       idl                 macros support
> ChangeLog     gnome-bug.in     images              Makefile.am test-gnome
> config.guess  gnome-config.in  INSTALL             Makefile.in test-suite
> config.h.in   gnomeConf.sh.in  install-sh          man            tools
> config.sub    gnome-data       intl                missing        zvt
> configure     gnome.h          libart_lgpl         mkinstalldirs
>
> So, they moved the libraries into subdirectories, which are empty of
> configure and auto stuff themselves, containing only a Makefile.am/in.

This is how it was done in gnome 1.4 which is over 2 years old. For
gnome 2.0 we've split up the libraries into separate tarballs. It makes
maintaining the packages easier, you don't have to re-release the entire
set of libraries if there's a bugfix in one of the libraries.

So the way it's done now is pretty much like cairo and its dependencies
do it.

Anders

--
Anders Carlsson <andersca at gnome.org>