[Xr] Anybody there?

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Jul 3 18:08:53 PDT 2003

On Jul 3, Bill Spitzak wrote:
 > Since this is for testing and debugging I really don't care how slow it is,
 > so I was wondering if it is possible to compile Xr so that it only supports
 > local memory map drawing and does not attempt to use Xrender and does not use
 > Xrender header files. This may also be useful for getting Xr to work on that
 > "other" operating system.

Currently there's no direct option for compiling without at least the
latest Xrender header files.

But, yes, this needs to be fixed.

Xr should actually be fine, depending only on Xc, (minus the current
bogus dependency on Xft).

So Xc just needs to be reworked to allow separate compilation of each
backend.

-Carl

PS. If you want a quick hack, I would think it wouldn't be too hard to
run through Xc and comment out all the Xrender-related pieces.