[Xr] xr on Microsoft Windows

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Sun Jul 13 19:32:46 PDT 2003

On Saturday 12 July 2003 09:28 am, Keith Packard wrote:
> Around 11 o'clock on Jul 12, Owen Taylor wrote:
> > I don't see a problem with keeping the name Xr even not on X. It's
> > not like the X Window System managed a monopoly on the letter X.
>
> Well, we've already had several people say that they skipped right on by
> Xr because of the name, even though the library is addressed at their
> applications (squeak in particular).

Well personally I became interested in Xr *because* of the name, it promised
an actual server level implementation, rather than yet another local image
map graphics library. I ignored libart and all the others because they did
not sound commited to doing anything about fixing X itself. Xr sounds like it
will.

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak