Semi-OT: NVidia XRENDER support (was Re: [Xr] Graphics board for working with XRENDER)

Eric Christopherson rakko at charter.net
Tue Jun 10 13:21:21 PDT 2003

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 04:19:19PM +0200, David Lazaro wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been playing with the XFree86 code base for some time and I hit the
> limit where I am completely fed up with the proprietary NVIDIA drivers
> for my GeForce 2 MX.

Yes, it really bites. I'd also like to know what sort of graphics card would
be ideal for working on RENDER.

On a somewhat unrelated note, is there anyone out there who could tell me to
what extent RENDER is hardware-accelerated on NVidia cards? I know it's
*supposed* to be accelerated, but I don't know to what extent, or how up to
date it is; in my case, any time I enable RENDER acceleration in
XF86Config-4 my X server hangs a few minutes after starting.

--
Furrfu!		r a k k o  at  c h a r t e r  dot  n e t