[Cairo] CVS server move

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Oct 9 12:19:47 PDT 2003

The CVS server for the Cairo source code has now been moved from its
temporary home on keithp's machine to its permanent location. The
details for both users and developers are included below.

Many thanks to freedesktop.org for hosting the Cairo CVS server!

And please let me know if there are any problems.

-Carl

Users
-----
The new CVS server supports anoncvs pserver as before, but with a
different host name. The following commands could be used to checkout
the core Cairo libraries:

cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo login
# Press Enter here
cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo co slim libpixregion libic cairo

Or, if you'd like to convert an existing checkout to the new server,
you may call the attached changecvsroot script on each top-level
directory as follows:

changecvsroot :pserver:anoncvs at cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo slim libpixregion libic cairo

Developers
----------
As before, developer access to CVS is via ssh, but it is now on a
different host. A typical command would be:

cvs -d cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo co slim libpixregion libic cairo

(If your username is different on cvs.cairographics.org than on the
local machine, you may need to add "username@" before the hostname)

Of course, it's also possible to make use of the changecvsroot script:

changecvsroot cvs.cairographics.org:/cvs/cairo slim libpixregion libic cairo

Access is also available via cvsup for those who are interested.

I tried to create all the necessary accounts for active developers of
Cairo, but if you have any problems, please let me know, (and mail me
the public ssh key you'd like to use to access the server).

The source code on the new server is a snapshot from two nights ago.
However, from watching the commit mailing list on keithp.com, I don't
think anything has changed since then . If by some chance a change got
dropped, please re-commit it to the new server.

I've made the old repository on keithp.com read-only so that nobody
will accidentally commit code there.