[Cairo] format for api docs

Bill Spitzak spitzak at d2.com
Mon Oct 13 14:08:15 PDT 2003

On Monday 13 October 2003 01:38 pm, Owen Taylor wrote:

> D-BUS is using Doxygen, and I think it's working out
> well for them. The Qt dependency is a bit annoying, but shouldn't
> be too bad if it's an optional dependency for people hacking
> on the sources.

I am using Doxygen, and it does not have any Qt dependencies. It does make
some assumptions about coding patterns that Qt uses, however, and is very C++
oriented, which may be a problem for Cairo. It is almost impossible to get it
to produce documentation for a function that is not a C++ class member.

Biggest win of Doxygen is that you can document inline functions in the
source code rather than the header file, which makes the header file smaller
and more readable. I think this ability is missing from other systems (?).

--
     /\_       _|_========___         Bill Spitzak