[cairo] glitz-miniglx and root drawable

Carl Worth cworth at east.isi.edu
Thu Aug 12 07:54:07 PDT 2004

On Tue, 10 Aug 2004 13:26:18 +0800, "Rogelio M.Serrano Jr." wrote:
> I have been thinking a lot about this lately. The main purpose is to
> write an opengl based xserver right?

Yes, there is an effort underway to achieve this.

>                          If glitz is in the server how are we going to
> export the glitz api? Through the xrender extension?

Precisely. Glitz was written to implement an API compatible with that of
XRender.

>                       Through the xrender extension? Can we also put
> cairo in the server? Or is cairo client side only.

Cairo is just a client-side library. There's no benefit to having it in
the server since none of its operations can be provided by the video
hardware. (Or if they can, then those pieces should be pushed down into
the Render extension instead.)